Last updated: August 2, 2022
You are not legally required to provide us with any Personal Information, but please keep in mind that without it we may not be able to provide you with the full range of Services or with the best user experience when using the Services.
Information we Collect and Receive
- Information You Provide
- Account Information. When you register and create (or update) an account that enables you to access and use the accessiBe Solution, for your benefit or for the benefit of a Customer, we collect certain Personal Information including your full name, email address, and phone number. Your account may also include additional information you provide to us, such as domains (i.e., where the accessiBe Solution will be used). In addition, when you purchase a license to use the accessiBe Solution, you provide us (or our third-party payment processor) with your billing information such as credit card information, banking information, and/or billing address. The Personal Information that is part of your account comes directly from you and may as set forth above include your Personal Information or the relevant Customer Personal Information. You may edit certain elements of your Personal Information at any time via your account or by sending us an email to [email protected] requesting such edits.
- Device and Technical Information. We collect information about the devices used to access the Website, including the following: IP Address, referring URL and domain, device type, operating system and version, browser type and version, and screen resolution.
- Support Information. When you interact with us via support or to provide us with feedback, we will collect certain Personal Information generated by your use of the Website or Personal Information that you choose to share with us. We may, in accordance with applicable law, document your communication with our support team or with other similar contact channels.
- Information Collected from Other Sources
- Marketing Communication. When you sign up to receive a demo or any other marketing communication from us including news regarding the Services, we will collect and process your name, email address, and phone number, in order to comply with your request. We may also collect additional information such as your role or job title at the company you work for and details about the company you work for.
- aCe Communication. When you sign up to receive the full aCe pdf audit report on your website, we will collect and process your full name and email address, in order to comply with your request.
- Usage Information. When a website implements the AccessiBe Solution, it sends the following data to our servers: Image URLs, link URLs, HTML structure, CSS attributes, clicks, interactions, and pages viewed. This information does not include, actual content/text from the webpage or form or field information. In addition, the foregoing information does not include any Personal Information of any user and cannot be associated with any user.
- Log Information. Our servers automatically collect information when you access or use the Website and record it in log files. The log information we collect may include your IP Address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website, browser type and settings, and cookie data.
Cookies are packets of information sent to your web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses the server that sent the cookie. Some cookies are removed when you close your browser session. These are the “Session Cookies”. Some last for longer periods and are called “Persistent Cookies”. We use both types.
We use Persistent Cookies to remember your log-in details and make it easier for you to log in the next time you access the Website. We may use this type of cookies and Session Cookies for additional purposes, to facilitate the use of the Website’s features and tools. For more information regarding cookies, you may find the following websites useful: www.allaboutcookies.org, www.youronlinechoices.co.uk
Please contact us at [email protected] for a current list of third-party cookie providers we use.
Whilst we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application, you can manage your cookies preferences, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them, through your browser settings. Please bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent you from using the Website.
- Information from Social Media. We also collect social media handles, content, and other data posted on our official social media pages (such as feedback, reviews, email address, and other information). If you submit any such information (including Personal Information), note that we may (at our discretion) store and present such information to other users of the Services. If you wish to remove such information, please contact us at [email protected]
- Data obtained through analytics tools. We use analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) and others to collect data about the use of the Website. Analytics tools collect data such as IP Address, how often Users visit the Website, which pages they visit and when, and which website, ad, or e-mail message brought them there.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties. We may collect information about you from other sources that may include your Personal Information. These sources may include the following: (i) third parties providing your information in connection with any referral program; (ii) third parties requesting services for or on your behalf; (iii) third parties providing information in connection with any claims or disputes; (iv) our Service Providers (as defined below), such as third-party payment processors and social media services; (v) publicly available sources; and (vi) marketing service providers. We may combine the information collected from third parties as set forth above with other information which is in our possession.
- Information Collected in Accordance with Applicable Law. We will also collect the Information we are required or otherwise authorized to collect under applicable laws to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information you have provided, or we have collected from you via the Services.
We may contact you, via email or phone about changes to the Services, updates to your account, billing issues, and important notices related to the Services, such as security notices or notices regarding your account with us. You may not opt-out of these communications. In addition, we may from time to time send you newsletters, updates on new features, offerings, events, special opportunities, and other marketing or promotional emails. You may opt-out of receiving these emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link, which is part of the emails you receive, or by sending us an email to [email protected] requesting to no longer receive such communications.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect in accordance with the Terms; your instructions; or for complying with applicable law; and based on our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving our Services and offerings, understanding how the Services are used, optimizing our marketing, customer service, and support operations, and protecting and securing our Users, ourselves and members of the general public.
We do not sell your Personal Information for the intents and purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Specifically, we use Personal Information to:
- provide, maintain and update the Services (including your account), and any other products or services we may offer. For example; to provide you with the Services in accordance with the Terms, address/prevent any errors in the Services, or to provide you with assistance and support in relation to the Services;
- to authenticate the identity of our Users, and to allow them to access and use the Services.
- communicate with you. For example; when you send us an email, make a request or inquiry, or share a comment or concern;
- send you service, technical, updates, administrative messages, and other types of communications such as marketing and advertising communications relating to our products or services;
- improve and optimize the Services. For example; improving the features of the Services based on historical usage;
- to create aggregated statistical data, inferred non-personal information or anonymized or pseudonymized data (rendered non-personal), which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- billing, account management, and other related matters. For example; to contact you about an invoice or rejected payment method;
- respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests, and as required to comply with applicable law and our legal obligations; and
- carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the information is collected.
How your Personal Information is Shared
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose or allow government and law enforcement officials access to your Personal Information, in response to a subpoena, search warrant, or court order (or similar requirement), or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Service Providers. We may engage selected third-party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own (collectively, “Service Providers“). Our Service Providers may have access to Personal Information, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing the Services, and may only use the information for such limited purposes as determined in our agreements with them.
- Customer. We may share Personal Information with our Customer when you are using the Website on behalf of such a Customer.
- Protecting Rights and Safety. We may share Personal Information with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property, or personal safety of accessiBe, any of our Users or customers, or any members of the general public.
For the avoidance of doubt, we may share Personal Information in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so, or if we have successfully rendered such Information non-personal, non-identifiable and anonymous.
How Long we Retain your Information
Your Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside of the country where you access and use the Services, that have different data protection laws. For Users in the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK, or Switzerland, this means that their Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland, for example, to the United States. When we transfer your Personal Information, we ensure that there is a lawful basis for the transfer (Such as adequacy decisions or Standard Contractual Clauses as adopted by the European Commission) and that adequate protection for your Personal Information is provided as required by applicable law. If you have any questions about the transfer of your Personal Information to other countries, please email us at [email protected]
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We have deployed appropriate security measures to protect the Personal Information we collect from misuse, damage, or unauthorized access. The measures we use take into account the applicable industry standards, the available technology, and the Personal Information we collect. However, while we take steps to safeguard your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee complete protection and security for information transmitted over the internet, information that is stored on our servers or that is in our or any third party’s possession.
Individuals have rights concerning their Personal Information. If you wish to exercise your privacy rights under the laws that apply to you (for example, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), or the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)) such as the right to request access to, and rectification or erasure of your Personal Information held with accessiBe, or to restrict or object to such Personal Information’s processing, to port such Personal Information, the right to equal services and prices, or the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information (each to the extent available to you under the laws which apply to you) – please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
Please also note that some of your Personal Information may be processed by other parties acting as ‘data controllers’, as detailed in "Controller/Processor roles" below. For any requests to exercise such rights with respect to such parties’ processing activities, please contact the relevant party directly.
We aim to respond to your request pursuant to this "Your Rights" within a reasonable time following receipt of the request but no later than as required under applicable law.
Additional Information and Contact Details
Please note that we do not allow the use of the Services or the Website to anyone younger than the age of 18 years. If we learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information.
If you are subject to the GDPR and not satisfied with our response or you believe that we are not processing your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority. You can find the contact information for your local Data Protection Authority here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Under the GDPR and the UK GDPR, there is a distinction between the “controller” and the “processor” of personal data (as defined under these laws). In general: (a) we act as an independent data controller with respect to Customer account data, and the applicable Customer acts as a data controller with respect to its account data, (b) we act as a data controller with respect to personal data of the Website visitors, and (c) we act as a data processor with respect to Customer user data, and the applicable Customer acts as a data controller with respect to its user data. Please note that where we act as data processers with respect to your personal data, you must contact the relevant Customer who acts as the data controller with respect to your personal data, to exercise your rights.